Saturday 7 March 2015

Pear & Cherry Overnight Oats Parfait


I prepare and take two kinds of overnight oats to work every Sunday. Its easier in overall as I don't take ages to make my breakfast and lunch (Just grab a latte glass, cutlery and a plate to carry all my containers to the shed on) and I don't take up all the microwaves up with my oats or dirty up lots of bowls. This also means that I have at least two new overnight oat recipes a week to share and I'm keeping in all the goodness in my food by not microwaving it (I'm trying to wean myself of using it as much as possible)

Unfortunately the drawback is my pictures don't look as good as I have to take the quicker and the shed at work doesn't make the prettiest backdrop.

 

Pear & Cherry Overnight Oat Parfait

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup/40g Rolled Oats
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Cup Milk of Choice
1 Tsp Chia Seeds
1-2 Tsp Maple Syrup or Sweetener of Choice, to taste
3 TBSP Pear sauce, I used baby food (Don't judge)
1 TBSP Yogurt of Choice, I use Greek
 
Layers:
1 Cup cherries, fresh or frozen and thawed
1 Ripe Pear, or a unripe boiled or poached
1/2 Cup Pear sauce, I used the rest of the jar of baby food
1/2 Cup Yogurt of Choice, I use Greek. Mixed with sweetener to taste
2-3 TBSP Cherry Jam, I used Black Cherry

Method:

1. Mix all the ingredients in a jar/bowl/jug/container of choice. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least four hours.
2. In the morning add more milk to the oats to a consistency you like. Chop up the pear and dice the cherries to bite size chunks. Layer the oats, yogurt, pear sauce, jam, pear and cherries. Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment