Saturday 14 February 2015

Coyo yogurt review

So I discovered that a local supermarket stocked a small selection of the 'COYO' yogurts. All made with coconut milk and added good bacteria. I wanted to review two of the flavours. They are unfortunately expensive but I do plan to try and review the pots with the fruit compote at the bottom in the future.

Plain

Smell: Coconut-y obviously. It smells luscious. I love strong coconut.
Consistency: The first time I tried this, it was super thick in consistency. The second time, it was definitely runnier. Still thick-ish but much more like a thinner yogurt consistency, you know with Greek yogurt where the water separates and you have to beat it back together-thinning it out. It was like that.
Taste: Strong coconut, with a bitter aftertaste. Mixed into different things it balances out the taste/
Overall: I would use it as a topping, but I do prefer 'Coconut Collaborative' in plain. 6/10
 

 Vanilla

Smell: Hint of vanilla.
Consistency: Thicker than the plain. I love little flecks of vanilla bean. They add a nice touch, and its good to see its real quality vanilla, not artificial flavourings or bottled extracts.
Taste: The vanilla wasn't extremely strong, in a good way. Subtle. Unfortunately the yogurt was still very bitter like the plain flavour.
Overall: I prefer the plain flavour, just as its more neutral. But the vanilla is still good. 5/10

 


No comments:

Post a Comment