Monday 8 September 2014

Apple and Plum Crumble Baked Oatmeal

Another crumble. This one extra fruity.


To add something new into the mix I decided to throw some extra crunch to the topping. Sunflower seeds. Something I have never tried before, so it was quite daring to put a handful into my breakfast if you ask me. I hold much distain for sunbutter (Sunflower paste in other words). I mean it tastes foul, I can swallow it. Its all kinds of wrong.

But. The seeds mixed into this topping. Its not bad. I might try pumpkin seeds next.


Apple and Plum Crumble

Add in the seeds. Leave them out. Its up to you. This crumble is still hella good. If you want mix in some other kind of crunch, some nuts or other seeds. Experiment.


Ingredients:

Crumble Topping:

1/2 Cup/45g Rolled Oats
2 Tsp Maple syrup or honey
2-3 TBSP Milk of choice
Pinch of Salt
1 TBSP Sunflower seeds

Filling:

1-2 ripe Plums, depending on dish size and how plum-y you want it
1 Apple
1 Tsp Maple syrup or sweetener of choice
1 TBSP Apple juice

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Cut the plums into quarters and apple into chunks. Mix with the sweetener and juice and pour into a prepared dish.
3. Mix the oats, salt and ginger. Pour in the maple syrup or honey, and add in 2 tbsps of milk. Mix around till it all starts to come together and clump into clusters. Add in any extra if you need it, but you shouldn't really. Fold in the seeds.
4. Lightly pack the crumble on top of the fruit and bake for 17-20 minutes or till the oats are golden and crisp.






No comments:

Post a Comment