Saturday 20 September 2014

Super Green- SaVse Smoothie Review

Whilst helping my Nan shop around Boots I spotted these two smoothies, and after checking the ingredients and macros decided I wanted them. My Nan treated me to them as they were on a deal. Both are made up of a mix of juices, pulps and purees.

Beetroot, Apple, Avocado, Lime, Mango and Lemon


Flavour: 2/5
Texture: 1/5
Overall: 2/5

Heavy on the beetroot. That's all I'll say. It was almost shocking how strong the taste was, and that's coming from someone who happily drinks the juice from the packet of all ready cooked beetroot. I let my sister take a sip and she recoiled. I got hints of lime but it was hugely dominated by the beetroot. The texture wasn't great either as you get little bits of shredded beetroot whilst you drink.

Broccoli, Pear, Spinach, Kale, Kiwi, Lemon, Banana



Flavour: 1/5
Texture: 1/5
Overall: 1/5

Like the juice before this blend was highly dominated by one flavour, in this case, broccoli. I got hints of kiwi every now and then because of the kiwi seeds throughout. But it was mostly broccoli. I didn't like it, I had to force down the last few gulps, because I loved the idea of getting some spinach nutrients without eating any.

Won't by these again. Didn't like either.

No comments:

Post a Comment