Sunday 14 September 2014

Blueberry Blackberry Baked Oatmeal

I seem to be doing a lot more baked oatmeal's then any other. But since I am now back at college. Something I'm truly not happy about. I will have to limit how many baked oatmeal's I have in the mornings as they take to much time, and so hope to balance out the ratio of my recipes. Saying that I have gone over my very lengthy lists of potential oatmeal ideas, and the vast majority are baked.


This oatmeal was primarily created as my contribution to The Oatmeal Artists #FarmFreshOatmeal because I really wanted to be a part of tag. So I decided to try out what sounds to be a very basic combo, that delivered a very good breakfast.



To make my breakfast more interesting I decided to invert it into a dish and add a sauce to make it extra moist and juicy. You don't have to do the same. But I recommend it.



Blueberry and Blackberry Baked Oatmeal



Ingredients:

1/2 Cup/45g Rolled Oats
1/4 Tsp Baking powder
1/3 Cup Milk of choice
1 Tsp Maple syrup or sweetener of choice
Big hand full of fresh or frozen Blueberries and Blackberries, extra to decorate

Blackberry sauce:

Another hand full of frozen or fresh blackberries
1/4 tsp lemon zest

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark4. 
2. Mix the dry ingredients until combined. Add sweetener and then the milk TBSP at a time till wet but not sloppy.
3. Fold in the fruit and pour into a prepared dish. Bake for 17-20 minutes until the oats are set and the fruit bubbling. Eat like this or do as I did and invert onto a plate or into a dish.
4. To make the sauce heat the berries and zest in the microwave or small saucepan till the fruit breaks down  slightly and releases its juices. Pour on top of your oatmeal, sprinkle on a little extra zest. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment