Monday 15 September 2014

Chia Pods Review

I was over the moon when I found out that Tesco's was going to be selling The Chia Co's Chia Pods. I've been wanting to try them for ages. So of course I made the long trek out to my nearest big Tesco's and purchased some. They only had two flavour;s; Vanilla Bean and Mango. But I'm happy just to have them. Hopefully they become really popular and they get in the other flavour's, as well as other Chia Co products.

Whilst I was in the chilled dessert isle of Tesco's I also discovered something miraculous. Or at least the time I was finding it miraculous and doing a happy dance on the inside. They sell COYO coconut yogurt. In plain and Mango. I'm looking forward to trying and reviewing them soon.

Before I get into the separate reviews I'll say that Chia pods are fantastic overall. Chia seeds, natural flavour's from vanilla, cinnamon or real mango and a little coconut milk. That's it. And the serving sizes are perfect. I will definitely buy them again to fill my lunch box as a nutritious, sweet and completely clean dessert.

Now onto the flavour reviews...

Vanilla Bean



Upon opening the seal came away clean, something I was surprised about and the pot was brimming with the chia pudding. I was kind of scared about spilling it, but it holds to the pot well. Plus the spoon is super cute.

Ingredients: Chia seeds, vanilla bean, hint of cinnamon and coconut milk.

Nutrition: 165Kcal Total Fat: 10g Sat Fat:5g Polysat Fat: 4g Omega 3 ALA 4g Omega 6: 1g
               Total Carbs: 14g Dietary fibre: 5g Sugar: 10g Protein:3g

Texture: Its extremely thick, and I know that's stupid to say about chia pudding but it bordered on to thick, coming away cleanly from the pot in one large scoop. It also took a couple of digs to get into it because the spoon is dully edged.

Taste: Weird at first. But it gets better. Its obvious that coconut milk makes much better chia pudding than any other, and the hint of cinnamon is perfection.

Serving size: Perfect.

Rate: 10/10

Mango


Ingredients: Chia seeds, mango and coconut milk.

Nutrition: 149Kcal Total Fat: 9g Sat Fat: 5g Polysat Fat: 4g Omega 3 ALA 3g Omega 6: 1g
               Total Carbs: 13g Dietary fibre: 6g Sugar: 11g Protein:3g

Texture: Not as thick as the Vanilla Bean its a little easier to eat, but I will say that you do get the slighlty fiberous texture you get from mangoes, in the texture of the pudding.

Taste: The mango/coconut flavour is really strong, in a good way.

Serving size: Perfect.

Rate: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment