Monday 8 September 2014

Plum, Lemon and Ginger Crumble Baked Oatmeal

I love crumble. Any crumble. Its my favorite dessert in the world, just above key lime pie. I think its the crunchness. Its so good. Especially with oats and nuts. But today I left it plain to top my zest, yet warming filling.



This week I made quite a few different plum crumble recipes, so just think of them as variations. In fear that all my photos of my crumble style bakes were going to look exactly the same, I decided to put in a few spoon shots.


Plum, Lemon and Ginger Crumble

 The added spice and zest complement the fruit perfectly. When it comes to how many plums to use, think about filling up your dish. I only used two plums and it cooked down so much there wasn't much filling. So add another if you can, and if there super ripe cut them into quarters or just halves so they don't just turn to mush.


Ingredients:

Crumble Topping:

1/2 Cup/45g Rolled Oats
2 Tsp Maple syrup or honey
2-3 TBSP Milk of choice
Pinch of Salt
1/8 Tsp ginger

Filling:

2-3 Ripe plums
1/4 Tsp Ginger
1/4 Tsp Lemon zest
1 Tsp Maple syrup or sweetener of choice

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Chop up the plums into sixths, you can peel them if you wish. I did but if you don't mind the skin, its not necessary. Mix with the ginger, zest and sweetener and pour into a prepared dish.
3. Mix the oats, salt and ginger. Pour in the maple syrup or honey, and add in 2 tbsps of milk. Mix around till it all starts to come together and clump into clusters. Add in any extra if you need it, but you shouldn't really.
4. Lightly pack the crumble on top of the fruit and bake for 17-20 minutes or till the golden and crisp.


No comments:

Post a Comment