Monday 8 September 2014

Peach, Pear and Plum Baked Oatmeal

Plum week'started where peach week ended. And so this recipe holds both. As well as a beautiful pear. Really its just a fancy ass variation of a thumprint cookie baked oatmeal. But it was so excellent, I had to share.


Of course, I have to say now that the recipe doesnt use all of two of the fruits. Only half the peach and 1/3 of the pear are used, as anymore and it would be all fruit, held together with a little bit of oatmeal. So do what I did. Eat the rest whilst your cooking.


The jam factor comes from the plum, the sweet yet tart plum, set into the top before baked. Now you can either do what I did, and use a fresh plum, cooked down to a soft jammy consistency, or actually plum jam. A tablespoon or two ort to do it. I have only just found a reliable jam/marmalade brand, so I had to settle for fresh. But use what you've got.



I have no idea how I did that ^^ but it looks awesome doesn't it. A lovely surprise when I was uploading my pictures ;)

Peach, Pear and Plum Baked Oatmeal


Ingredients:

1/2 Cup/45g Rolled Oats
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/3 Cup Milk of choice

Optional: 2 TBSP Flaxseed

1/2 of a ripe Peach, diced
1/4 of a ripe Pear, diced
1 ripe Plum or 1 TBSP Plum jam

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark 4.
2. If using a fresh plum, cut into four and heat in a saucepan over a low heat with a TBSP or two of water, heating till completely soft. Than smoosh it up a little and set aside to cool.
3. Mix all dry ingredients, including flaxseed till combined. Pour in the milk bit by bit and stir it all up till you have a wet but not sloppy consistency. Add the peach and pear.
4. Pour oat mix into a prepared dish. Use a spoon to smooth a dip into the center of the oats and spoon in the plums or jam. Bake for 17-20 minutes, till the oats are slightly golden and the fruit is set but not drying out.





No comments:

Post a Comment