Saturday 20 September 2014

Pear and Mint Overnight Oats

Some people hate pears. I used to. I fell out of love with them at a young age, even though they were actually one of my mothers biggest pregnancy cravings. And only began to like them again in the last year or so. Like many fruits and veggies really. I mean I used to detest bananas.


Personally I think their a lot like apples, but much less sweet. Stupidly I left my pear in the fridge all week before making this oatmeal. Every time I saw it I thought "That's for my breakfast thursday." But never did it occur to me that the damn thing won't be ripe for my breakfast thursday if I don't leave it out. So I did what I always do with unripened fruit I desperately need ripe. Put it in a box with some bananas for as long I can and pray. It didn't work its magic this time. So I had to make up the oats the night before and cook the pears down slighlty in the morning. So use a ripe pear. You don't really want steam coming of your fruit as you put it into fridge cold oats.

P.S if when you make your oats, it smells of toothpaste, don't worry. It's supposed to.


Pear and Mint Overnight Oats



Ingredients:

1/2 Cup/40g Rolled Oats
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Cup/120ml Milk of choice
1 Tsp Maple syrup or sweentener of choice
1/2 Tsp of Peppermint extract
1 Ripe Pear, chopped
1/2 Cup of greek yogurt, or any plain yogurt

2 TBSP of Flaxseed or 1 TBSP Chia seed

Method:

1. Mix all ingridents in a bowl/mason jar/jug. Cover and chill overnight or for at least four hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment